After eight years together and one March postponement, Ashleigh and Scott Burleigh were not going to let 2020 go by without saying 'I do'.
The Wollongong couple married on December 5 at The Driftwood Shed in Terara.
While Scott's New Zealand based family couldn't attend, their wedding was live streamed and overseas family and friends tuned in virtually.
After a tumultuous 2020 and the ups and downs of rescheduling their big day, the couple agreed that finally being married was incredible.
"You just have to go with the flow and try not to stress over things that are out of your control," Ash said.
"Remember what is important which is being able to marry the love of your life. Enjoy every moment. It truly is the best day ever."
One of their VIP guests included their beloved border collie, Indie. The pup also played a starring role in their engagement at the beach.
Unbeknownst to Ash, Indie had a handmade sign tied around her neck reading "Will you marry me?" After retrieving a ball, Indie returned it to a shocked and delighted Ash.
Ash thanked everyone who helped bring their day together.
"All our vendors were so amazing and accommodating throughout the entire process of Covid, " she said.
"Scott and I were very lucky to work with such an amazing group of professionals."
She made special mention of celebrant Jessica Mutch who formed an instant connection with the couple - so much so she agreed to marry them just two weeks before giving birth.
The beautiful blooms were courtesy of Elyza from Ivy Lane Collective, who Ash said proved again and again that nothing was too big or small and delivered them incredible florals on the day.
And while their Bora Bora honeymoon was off the cards, a holiday in Port Douglas capped off their amazing day perfectly.
Contributing vendors, bridal party and special touches;
- Bridesmaids - Cassy (Ash's sister and maid of honour), Amelia (friend), Emily (friend)
- Groomsmen - Ryan (best man, Scott's best friend), Brad (Scott's brother), Paul (Scott's brother)
- Song Ash walked down the aisle to - I was made for loving you - sung live by Emma Jones
- First dance song - made for loving you by Kina Grannis
- Venue - Driftwood Shed
- Photographer - Translucent Photography
- Celebrant - Jessica Mutch
- Florist & Styling - Ivy Lane Collective
- Hair - Whyld Hair & Beauty
- Makeup - Nadeen Hunt Makeup Artist
- Videographer - Shenay Spinelli
- Bridal Gown - Alyssa Kristin via Love Marie Bridal Boutique
- Suits - Suit Shop
- Bridesmaid Dresses - Handmade
- Wedding Cake - Rach Bakes
- Catering - Rabbit & Co.
- Dessert - Drumstick Ice Creams
- Signage - Label Me Crazy
- Stationery - Mila and May
Have you celebrated your wedding recently? We'd love to feature your special day. Email firstname.lastname@example.org