Our live and need-to-know fire coverage is free, to support local journalism and local news please subscribe here.
A seventh life has been lost to the South Coast bushfires. A 72-year-old man at Belowra has been unaccounted for since Tuesday.
On Thursday officers were able to access the site on Belowra road and located a body in a vehicle. The body is yet to be identified but is believed to be the 72 year-old man.
The Premier has declared a seven-day state of emergency starting on Friday. This means powers to be transferred from the NSW government to the Rural Fire Service Commissioner.
NEED TO KNOW
- Seven people have lost their lives since Tuesday
- The RFS has confirmed 382 homes have been destroyed and they're expecting to find more.
- The main street of Cobargo has been hit by fires
- Fire crews are getting ready for a similar if not worse day for fires on Saturday, January 4
- A leave zone has been put in place for Batemans Bay down to the South Coast
- A leave zone has been put in place for Nowra down to Ulladulla
- A police investigation is underway into the impacts of the South Coast fires
This live blog may take a moment to load, please wait, it's worth it.