Powerful swell has been forecast for the NSW coastline today.
(min cost $8)
Login or signup to continue reading
South-facing beaches are copping most of the swell – five to eight foot swells are forecast for Bombo and Seven Mile Beach today.
Further south, near Sussex Inlet, Conneeley’s Reef will see five to seven foot swells.
Conditions are expected to ease on Saturday.
NSW Surf Lifesaving released safety tips that apply on the South Coast today.
* Avoid rock fishing and water activities on exposed beaches/rock-shelves
* Only swim at patrolled beaches, between the red & yellow flags. See www.beachsafe.org.au for patrolled locations/times
* Check the official Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) forecast before undertaking rock fishing and water activities
* Boaties should seek advice from Marine Rescue NSW and always wear a lifejacket
* If witnessing an in-water emergency dial Triple Zero – Police
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.