Milton man pleads guilty to weekend stabbing

A 19-YEAR-OLD Milton man had pleaded guilty to stabbing two men outside the Star Hotel at Milton late on Friday night.

Jordane Allan Ingold, of Caley Road, Bradbury, who also resides with his father and grandmother at Milton, posted on his Facebook account shortly after the attacks that he was "Doing what I do best ill [sic] do time for this...!"

Appearing in Nowra Local Court on Monday he pleaded guilty to two counts of reckless wounding, two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence and being an excluded person and returning to a licensed premises.

In facts before the court police said hotel security staff became aware of an incident near the rear of the poker machine area involving Ingold around 10.15pm on Friday evening.

Ingold was seen leaving the premises, was spoken to by security and told not to return.

About an hour later he was seen by security staff outside the hotel, looking in windows allegedly for the person with whom he had the earlier altercation.

Security confronted Ingold and told him the other man had left the hotel.

The first victim, who recognised Ingold, having attended the same high school, was also outside when Ingold turned and abused him, with the victim saying he pushed the accused away and saw a knife in his hand.

Facts state the man ran to the middle of the roadway to try and escape but when he turned Ingold was behind him.

The victim kicked Ingold in the chest but fell over.

Police said Ingold stood over the victim, holding a second knife.

As the victim tried to cover his head in defence, he was struck with a knife, suffering a deep laceration to the top and side of his right hand.

A second victim, who was a witness to the attack, came to the first man’s aid, pushing Ingold away, but was stuck in the face with a knife, suffering a cut under his right eye, next to his nose.

Both men were later treated at Milton Hospital.

Ingold left the scene but later contacted police who arrested him at a local address.

He was taken to Ulladulla police station, where his clothing, which had blood on it, was taken for DNA comparison.

Ingold pleaded guilty to all charges before Magistrate Alex Mijovich in Nowra Local Court on Monday.

Bail was not applied for and was formally refused and he was remanded in custody to appear in Nowra Local Court on July 28 for sentencing. 


Discuss "Milton man pleads guilty to weekend stabbing "

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.