LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia will do its part in the effort to distribute vaccinations more equally across the globe by providing 20 million doses to countries in Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
* The nation would continue to exercise its responsibility as part of a broader global effort, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said in the UK where he is attending the G7 summit.
* The daily grind of driving down community transmission in Victoria has authorities worried because testing rates have been low.
* Only one fresh local case was recorded in the state on Saturday and none on Friday but testing commander Jeroen Weimar says this is of little comfort because it's believed there are "other branches (of infection) out there that are not yet discovered".
* Some 19 new exposure sites have been added to the state's list mostly linked to a Reservoir case detected a couple of days ago.
* Under loosened restrictions for Melbourne, masks remain mandatory indoors and outdoors and people must stay within 25km of their homes unless working or studying, caregiving or getting a vaccine.
* A ban on home gatherings remains but up to 10 people can meet outdoors, students can return to schools, retail can reopen and hospitality venues can resume seated service.
* Investigations are also continuing into a Victorian couple who travelled through NSW to Queensland before testing positive.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 5,773,924 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Saturday, including 132,916 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 3,532,138 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of +69,053 in the previous 24 hours).
* 3,132,135 have been issued in primary care (+64,136) and 400,003 in aged and disability facilities (+4917).
* 2,241,786 have been administered by the states and territories, including 63,863 in the previous 24 hours.
* 772,135 have been administered in Victoria (+22,665), 577,881 in NSW (+16,288), 341,690 in Queensland (+12,360), 209,272 in Western Australia (+4844), 149,382 in South Australia (+4224), 84,964 in Tasmania (+1662), 62,076 in the ACT (+1222) and 44,386 in the NT (+598).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported one new local coronavirus case on Saturday.
* There were seven new overseas-acquired cases in hotel quarantine: three in Victoria, three in South Australia and one in NSW.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 175,277,311
* Deaths: at least 3,785,130
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 2,287,650,954.
Data current as at 1800 AEST on June 12, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press