No-one could be more relieved than Ainslee Bull and Sam Turner when they finally said 'I do'.
Another COVID-casualty, the North Nowra couple was forced to reschedule their wedding not once, but four times in 2020.
After first setting the date for March 27, 2020, another two change of dates came, before finally settling on December 19, 2020 - just four weeks out from the big day.
Fortunately, many of the vendors were friends and family of the couple, including Ainslee's aunty who owns the beautiful Terara Riverside Gardens where they held their ceremony and reception.
The team worked their magic and pulled off a day Ainslee says could not have been more perfect.
"We didn't have anything too traditional or formal, and it truly was such a magical day but we couldn't have done it without everyone that was involved," Ainslee said.
"I couldn't be more thankful for everything and how smoothly it all ran."
Around 100 of their closest friends and family gathered to celebrate with Ainslee and Sam, who met in year eight at St Johns.
They started dating in year 11 and almost eight years later, Sam popped the question during a holiday to New Zealand.
After a decade together, two years planning their wedding and a tumultuous 2020 which saw Ainslee lose her job with Tiger Air in March, the couple agreed it was a surreal feeling to finally be married.
"For both Sam and I, our favourite moment would have to be the ceremony and that feeling straight after where were just stared at each other and said 'oh my god, we just got married'," she laughed.
The pair enjoyed a two night honeymoon at Bannisters in Mollymook.
Ainslee and Sam returned to the Shoalhaven last year after living in Sydney and purchased their first home in North Nowra.
Ainslee scored a position at Ray White and the couple is looking forward to being closer to family and friends in 2021.
Contributing vendors, bridal party and special touches;
- Venue: Terara Riverside Gardens
- Photographer: Rachael Tagg Photography
- Videographer: James Carlson
- Furniture hire: Heart and Timber
- Stylist/florist: Ashleigh from Piccolo and Poppi
- Makeup: Kayla Boyd from the Native Tan
- Hair: Lauren Ellis, and Kacee Votano - Klv.Hair
- Cake: Spice and the icing
- Flower girl dresses: Stevie and me clothing
- Wedding dress: Made by a family friend, Nola Seto. Ainslee's necklace was from her great great grandmother. It is a real opal that has been handed down and was her 'something old, something blue and something borrowed.'
- Celebrant: Kristie Wilkinson
- First dance song: Love me Tender by Elvis, chosen by Ainslee's Nan
- Caters: Rabbit and Co. Caterers
- Kennedy Buses
- Bridesmaids: Tayla Bull (maid of honour and Ainslee's sister), Samantha Simpson (Ainslee's cousin), Ally Ozolins, Georgia Boyd, Maikaela Krelle, Yolanda Vanarkle and April Starr (Ainslee's brother's partner)
- Groomsmen: Alex Keel (best man), Ben and Jos Turner (Sam's brothers, Aden Bull (Ainslee's brother), Jordan Lloyd, Andrew George and Tim Bull (Ainslee's twin brother).
Have you celebrated your wedding recently? We'd love to feature your special day. Email firstname.lastname@example.org