ST George Illawarra staff have so far been spared the pain felt by workers at other clubs as the implications of an NRL shutdown continue to be felt.
With a number of organisations in a perilous financial state, teams have been forced to stand down workers.
First it was the Bulldogs, Panthers and Knights who stood staff down on Tuesday, before the Sharks, Cowboys and Eels moved to a skeleton roster on Wednesday.
Even the Broncos, the most powerful club in the competition, were not immune, senior officials taking pay cuts.
But amidst all the uncertainty, the Dragons, a club which includes Gerringong trio Jackson Ford, Tariq and Korbin Sims, Shellharbour's Trent Merrin and Albion Park-Oak Flats' Adam Clune, are yet to stand down any employees, executives awaiting further clarity from the league regarding funding.
In a statement Wednesday, chief executive Brian Johnston said St George Illawarra will support staff throughout this period.
"The protection of the Dragons' football department and administration staff's livelihoods, wellbeing, health and safety is one of the club's high priorities throughout this trying period," Johnston said.
While some clubs around the league have openly discussed the perilous financial state they currently find themselves in, the Dragons have been cagey.
It is understood the team is in a more stable position now than when WIN Corporation bought out the remaining Illawarra Steelers share in the joint venture.
That transaction took place in August 2018, Bruce Gordon clearing a $5.8 million loan from the NRL in making the purchase.
The deal came as a number of potential buyers circled St George Illawarra. Some had the needs of Illawarra rugby league fans front of mind, others did not.
Ultimately the Australian Rugby League Commission endorsed the sale to the Gordons, partially due to their deep links to the region.
The involvement of the Gordons reduced St George Illawarra's reliance on leagues club funding.
With all pubs and clubs shut down to help curb the spread of coronavirus, the Dragons have avoided the uncertainty facing the likes of Canterbury and Parramatta, teams heavily reliant on their leagues clubs.
WIN is facing significant challenges, however, the company sure to suffer the negative economic effects of the spread of COVID-19.
The organisation has restructured its news operations in recent years in a bid to reduce costs amid a decline in revenue.
In a statement, WIN chief executive and Dragons board member Andrew Lancaster reaffirmed the organisation's commitment to the club and said he's looking forward to working with St George Leagues Club throughout this period of uncertainty.
"WIN views its ownership of the Dragons in the same fashion that it views all of its businesses and understands the obligations that come with owning such businesses," Lancaster said.
"We are currently trying to understand what the decision to suspend the NRL means to the club and are working with Dragons management and St George District Rugby League Football Club to forge a path forward."
The developments came as the Dragons confirmed training will be suspended for at least two weeks.
Football manager Ben Haran said the team's 35 players will be provided with individualised training programs.
"We have provided our squad with innovative ways to stay connected to the club and staff," Haran said.
"We have also challenged them to take on new tasks and explore new education options as a means to remain active throughout this unprecedented period.
"While we wait to establish our next steps from the NRL and RLPA; another paramount focus of the football department remains on the availability of wellbeing strategies for the players, their partners and families to utilise in the coming weeks."
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.