The local agricultural season has been hit hard due to the current bushfire emergency situation.
The Berry and Kiama Shows will not be held this year, while the Nowra Show's future is uncertain.
The Nowra Show Society recently put out a statement regarding the show proposed for Friday, February 7 to Saturday, February 8.
"The Nowra Show Society appreciates the difficult decisions made by our fellow show societies due to the current bushfire and drought conditions," the statement explained.
"At this stage, the Nowra Show Society, in consultation with key stakeholders, is continuing to plan for out 2020 show and to use this event as an opportunity for the community to come together during this challenging time.
"However, given the continuing uncertainty around conditions, a final decision in relation to the 2020 Nowra Show will be made in consultation with emergency services personnel and Shoalhaven City Council on Thursday January 16, three weeks out from the show.
"A joint announcement will be made at the time."
The Berry Show Society committee met recently and voted that what was to be the 132 annual show from Friday, January 31 to Saturday, February 1 would not be staged.
"The committee cannot, in good conscience, invite and welcome visitors and competitors to our town while there continue to be possible threats of fire," the Berry Show Society explained in a statement.
"The poor air quality and extreme heat conditions experienced recently have also had an adverse impact on some of our competing livestock and their ability to prepare adequately and safely for the show."
The possibility that the Berry Showground could also be used as an evacuation ground was another factor.
"In the past few weeks the showground has been the temporary safe zone for many animals and their owners to escape the threat of fire near homes homes," the statement explained.
The show has only been cancelled on two other occasions - 1942 and 1943.
The Nowra Show Society members met yesterday to decide if they will go ahead with their Friday, February 7 to Saturday, February 8 event.
Meanwhile, the Kiama Show Society Management Committee cancelled its show scheduled for Friday, January 24 to Saturday, January 25.
President of the Kiama Show Society Neil McLaren said the committee considered long and hard about the demands that weigh heavily on volunteers, competitors, judges, stewards, entertainers, attendees and the rural community.
"This combined with the effects of the ongoing drought make the decision to cancel the most appropriate action," he said.
"This is for the safety and well-being of all attendees and the welfare of the livestock.
"We extend our condolences and sympathies to all those affected by the fires."
Safety was another factor in the decision. "It is of greater priority for all of us to keep families, livestock and property safe," Mr McLaren said.