Our live and need-to-know fire coverage is free, to support local journalism and local news please subscribe here.
NSW Rural Fire Service have issued a leave notice to the Shoalhaven region. The authorities have requested all holiday-makers leave from South Nowra down to Ulladulla.
As residents look through devastation in their communities, tourists are advised to leave the South Coast in anticipation for Saturday.
The leave now zone stretches from Batemans Bay to the Victorian border.
NEED TO KNOW
- Six people have lost their lives since Tuesday
- The RFS has confirmed 382 homes have been destroyed and they're expecting to find more.
- The main street of Cobargo has been hit by fires
- Fire crews are getting ready for a similar if not worse day for fires on Saturday, January 4
- A leave zone has been put in place for Batemans Bay down to the South Coast
This live blog may take a moment to load, please wait, it's worth it.