Those worst-hit by bushfires can access 13 weeks' income support provided by the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance.
The financial support is available to those who had lost their income as a direct result of the fires in the Eurobodalla, Shoalhaven, Central Coast, Mid-Western, Muswellbrook, Queanbeyan-Palerang, Upper Hunter and Wollondilly council areas.
Claims would be open from Wednesday, December 11.
Minister for Natural Disaster and Emergency Management David Littleproud said anyone who had been out of work because of the fires should contact the Department of Human Services to check their eligibility.
"This lets people who can't earn an income because of the fires stay in their homes," Mr Littleproud said.
"It's going to take some time to rebuild and this will keep communities together while that happens.
"The Federal Government will keep standing shoulder-to-shoulder with these communities until they're back on their feet.
"We will make further support available for bushfire affected communities as it is needed."
Claims can be made at www.humanservices.gov.au/disaster or by calling 180 22 66.
More information on disaster assistance is available at www.disasterassist.gov.au.
For more information or to make a claim visit www.humanservices.gov.au/disaster or call 180 22 66.
More information on disaster assistance is available at www.disasterassist.gov.au