The Rural Fire Service has on Saturday afternoon upgraded the Currowan Fire, burning north of Batemans Bay, to Watch and Act. The fire has burnt more than 70,000 hectares and is not yet under control.
Homes have been lost, as have all manner of structures but until it's safe for RFS Building Assessment teams to access affected areas full details remain unconfirmed.
This may take a moment to load. Please wait, we promise it will be worth it.
The Princes Highway is now closed between Dolphin Point and North Batemans Bay turnoff. Local road closures are also in place including Wheelbarrow Road and Woodburn Road. Access may be available for local residents at the discretion of emergency services.
- Ulladulla Civic Centre - 81B Princes Highway, Ulladulla.
- Mackay Park Function Centre - Corner of Beach Road and Princes Highway, Batemans Bay.
- Braidwood National Theatre Community Centre (opens 11:00am Thursday 5 December) - 100 Wallace Street, Braidwood.
- For a list of evacuation centres visit Emergency NSW.
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite before attending evacuation centres.
Do you have pictures or video you would like to share? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.