NORTH Nowra-Cambewarra openers James Biggs and Angus Rhodes smashed several club records when they shared a partnership of 303 against Ulladulla United at Zealand Oval.
Biggs cracked 26 fours and a six in his 150, while Rhodes remained 122 not out with 19 fours and two sixes.
The previous best first-wicket stand for this team had been 165 shared by Michael McCarron and Brett Mark in 2011/12.
It was also the highest partnership for any wicket in this side, comfortably beating the 226 made by Jye Giddings and Brayden Varcoe for the fifth-wicket against Ulladulla United in 2008/09.
Related content:Biggs puts on a masterclass against United
Biggs and Rhodes are only the second Norths third grade batsmen to score centuries in the same innings, after Giddings and Varcoe.
The only higher partnership known in the history of third grade is 321 put on by the Wandandian openers Mervyn Hayward and Ron Mayer in the 1965/66 semi-final against Tomerong.
Other partnerships over 300 in Shoalhaven District Cricket Association senior matches are;
- 353 for fourth wicket: Toby Bice and Laurie Bate (Pyree) vs Cambewarra, 1929/30 semi-final.
- 346 for third wicket: Brian Gray and David Crapp (Berry-Shoalhaven Heads) vs Shoalhaven Ex-Servicemens, 1998/99.
- 343 for second wicket: Craig Larsen and Chris McDonald (Nowra) vs Central Districts, 1997/98 semi-final.
- 324 for third wicket: Ted Regan and Harry McGuire (Pyree) vs Nowra, 1946/47.
- 371 for first wicket: Brendan Schutz and Nando Lattanzio (Rugby Union) vs Central Districts, 2006/07.
- 350 for third wicket: Greg Jamieson and Bob Irvine (Sussex Inlet) vs Far Meadow, 1982/83.
Biggs' 150 is the fourth highest score made for Norths thirds - behind Mark Edwards who made 182 in the 2007/08 grand final against Bay and Basin Reds; Craig Ratcliffe's 167 not out vs Shoalhaven Ex-Servicemens in 1996/97, and Jason Webber's 153 vs Ulladulla United in 2001/02.