Five war graves damaged at the Nowra Cemetery in mid-September have been replaced.
Damage to the graves that commemorate World War II Diggers, was discovered on September 16.
Five of the 35 headstones had been pulled from the ground and smashed, in some cases beyond repair.
The Commonwealth War Graves inspected the damage and removed the headstones and have now replaced them.
Shoalhaven City Council continues to investigate security options for the war graves section, including the installation of CCTV cameras, which was mooted at the time of the initial attack.
"Council has contracted external security experts to review the site and develop recommendations for possible further protection," a council spokesperson said.
"A report will be made to council for consideration."
But no time frame on when the report might be available was revealed.
The Office of Australian War Graves said the new headstones are identical to the ones damaged, recognising the individuals, their service details and include an epitaph.
"The government is committed to ensuring our war graves are cared for and I extend my thanks to the Shoalhaven City Council for its assistance with this matter and its continued vigilance looking after the cemetery," said Minister for Veteran's Affairs Darren Chester.
Meanwhile, police continue to investigate the vandalism which is believed to have occurred between Wednesday, September 11 and Monday, September 16.
Officer in charge of Nowra Police Station, Inspector Ray Stynes described the vandalism as "despicable" and "unfathomable" and "an out and out show of disrespect to the war veterans that are laid in that area."
Anyone with any information can contact Nowra Police on 4421 9699 or or Crime Stoppers. on 1800 333 000.