Free child health checks will be available in Sanctuary Point and Nowra this week.
The dental, vision, speech, hearing and occupational therapy appointments will be run by CareSouth in Sanctuary Point on Wednesday, October 2 and Nowra on Thursday, October 3 between 9am and 5pm.
Appointments are free under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule which offers $1000 per child over a two year period (must be in receipt of Family Tax Benefit A or a relevant Australian Government payment).
- Comprehensive oral exam and teeth clean, including fluoride treatment
- Vision clarity check
- Eye muscle coordination and movement test
- Colour vision test
- Speech/language screenings to detect communication difficulties
- Recommendations for further assessment or speech therapy intervention if needed
- Assess fine motor coordination, gross motor and self-care skills to determine the need for further evaluation
Appointments will be held at Sanctuary Point Youth and Community Centre, 34 Paradise Beach Road, and CareSouth, 11 Haigh Avenue, Nowra.
Book appointments here or via email@example.com. For more information contact CareSouth on 1300 554 260.