Nowchem has taken out the Business of the Year at the Shoalhaven Business Awards on Friday night.
The 35th Shoalhaven Business Awards Gala attracted almost 400 local business people to find out who would take out awards in 18 categories.
The categories ranged from excellence in workplace safety to outstanding young entrepreneur.
A few business took home more than one award during the night including GJ Gardner Homes, Nowchem, The Flagstaff Group and Cupitt's Winery.
Shoalhaven Business Chamber President Jemma Tribe said the event was a great success.
"It was such a special evening and I can't think of a better way to celebrate the achievements of our local business community," she said.
This year's theme was winter wonderland featuring food, drink, decorations, displays and entertainment to celebrate all the wonderful things about the Shoalhaven in winter time.
2019 Award winners:
- Outstanding Employer of Choice: G.J. Gardner Homes
- Excellence in Social Enterprise: The Flagstaff Group
- Excellence in Small Business (5 - 20 employees): J&T Dale Plumbing
- Excellence in Innovation: Nowchem
- Excellence in Micro Business (Less than 5 employees): Jervis Bay Landscapes
- Excellence in Business (21 or more employees): G.J. Gardner Homes
- Outstanding Young Employee: Kay-Lea Edmistone of Quest Nowra
- Outstanding Young Entrepreneur: Elspeth Finney from Shoalhaven Family Law
- Outstanding Business Leader: John Lamont from Nowchem
- Excellence in Sustainability: Cupitt's Winery
- Start Up Superstar: Shoalhaven Family Law
- Excellence in Workplace Safety: Nowchem
- Excellence in Community Services: The Flagstaff Group
- Excellence in Retail & Personal Services: Few & Far
- Excellence in Professional & Commercial: Jervis Bay Hearing Centre
- Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality: Cuppit's Winery
- Employee of the Year: Amanda Paterson of the Shoalhaven Turf Club
- Business of the Year: Nowchem