A South Coast dog owner has plead for fishers to pick up after themselves, after beloved pet Indy ate a fish hook on Friday, March 15.
Peter Barely was walking his six-year-old Labradoodle, Indy, across the Nowra bridge on Friday morning.
"Some fishers had left their equipment on the bridge," he said.
"Indy is a Labrador cross - she eats everything, and she ingested a fish hook.
"On the beach I would have been more aware of fish hooks, but you don't expect something like that walking across the bridge.
"It might not have been my dog, it might have been a kid."
Mr Barley said that after an operation, and thousands of dollars in vet bills, Indy looked as though she was going to be ok.