The Archer Fishing Club, last weekend, held its bi-annual outing for the Fred and Jack Trophy and the attendance was great.
A great time was had by all and about 70 fishos took part.
The much sought after trophies were plentiful and it was terrific to reward the winners.
Not only did the Archer Club have prizes to give out but the Shoalhaven Heads Bowling Club also had some awards to give as well.
The weather was not the best and only two fishermen strayed outside but they did not stay long.
They did landed a couple nice fish but most of the fish weighed for the outing came from the river and there were some great catches.
Without good workers it would be impossible to put an outing this size together and things to all the workers.
A couple of volunteers were too busy to get something to eat and when time allowed them it was too late – sorry.
Archer members weighed In 46 fish for a total of 16.641 kgs and the Shoalhaven Heads team weighed in 75 fish for 39.4 kg, taking home the trophy
There were a lot of envelope prizes handed out to both sides, while thanks goes to Peter, Josh, Peter S, Gail, Karen and many others.
The meal and company was great making it a terrific day thanks to the girls who worked behind the bar
Winners on the day were:
- girls’ Ayler Brodrick, junior boys’ Jack Histon and Nash Collins, women's Terresa Ahling and Trish Townsend, mens Dave Berger and Rudi Bochdale and deep sea Tim Rodingon.
- Catch and release 70 CM flathead Rudi Bochdal
- Mystery fish No 1 $100 .175 flounder P Suitor
- Mystery Fish No 2 $100- Ron Speers bream .352
- Heaviest flathead $50 Dave Berger
- Heaviest Tailor $50 Rudi Bochdal
- Special prize Archer Fishing Club Junior $25 Nash Collins
- Special Prize Shoalhaven Heads Bowlo, fishing Club $25 Gavin Histon