The 2018 Shoalhaven Business Awards have been officially launched with the exciting announcement of four new categories.
In a launch at the Nowra Golf Club, Shoalhaven Business Chamber president Deb Langton announced the new categories, which include Excellence in Workplace Safety, Outstanding Young Employee, Excellence in Workplace Inclusion and Excellence in Social Responsibility.
“It is exciting to have these new categories and we encourage all Shoalhaven businesses to take part in this year’s awards,” she said.
Nineteen awards will be presented at the gala evening on Friday, August 31 at the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre, with 10 categories aligned with the Illawarra Business Awards and then onto the state awards.
Shoalhaven businesses have tasted success at state level both for individual business people and the Shoalhaven Business Chamber itself, which won the NSW Chamber of the Year in 2016.
This year’s awards theme is “Connect”.
“Over the past few years we have had themes like Synergise and Cultural,” Ms Langton said.
“These themes are all interconnected and work together to not only recognise the area's outstanding business people but also to connect businesses, make contacts, provide jobs and ultimately increase economic activity in the Shoalhaven.”
The awards also have a new organiser this year with Julia O’Keefe taking over from Miranda Packer.
“It’s exciting to be involved,” Ms O’Keefe said.
Sponsorship packages for this year's awards are also being rolled out, and sponsorship opportunities for a number of categories are still available.
2017 Shoalhaven Business Award winners
- Employer of Choice ANZ Mobile Lending South Coast
- Excellence in Community Service The Oolong Aboriginal Corporation
- Excellence in Retail & Personal Services Jervis Bay Hearing Centre
- Excellence in Production Nowchem
- Excellence in Professional & Commercial RMB Lawyers
- Excellence in Inclusion Kimberlie & Co Cleaning
- Excellence in Small Business ABABY
- Excellence in Innovation RMB Lawyers
- Excellence in Social Responsibility The Oolong Aboriginal Corporation
- Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality Bomaderry Bowling Club
- Outstanding Home-Based Business Kimberlie & Co Cleaning
- Employee of the Year Eric Coulter (Southern Cross Housing)
- Start Up Superstar South Coast Kids
- Excellence in Business Palmira Holdings Enterprises (Nowra Toyota group)
- Young Business Executive Patrick O’Regan (Pepperell & Associates)
- Young Entrepreneur Sian Ludlow (Stella Studioz)
- Business Leader Garry Wilbraham (Bomaderry Bowling Club)
- Business of the Year Palmira Holdings Enterprises (Nowra Toyota group)
“Shoalhaven City Council, which has been a great support of the chamber over many years, is again a major sponsor along with CMGAV, Macey Insurance and Power FM 2ST,” Ms Langton said.
Entries for the Shoalhaven Business Awards are now open, with nominations closing on July 9.
A special free workshop, hosted by the University of Wollongong to help with applications, will be held on May 30, while a finalists and sponsors’ night will be held on August 17.
The gala awards evening will be on August 31.
Tickets for the awards evening will be going on sale soon and those wishing to go are encouraged to get tickets early as the last two awards nights have been sellouts.
For further information on the Shoalhaven Business Awards go to the Shoalhaven Business Chamber website - www.shoalhavenbusinesschamber.com.au.