A family made a lucky escape from their Old Erowal Bay home when their garage caught on fire late last night.
(min cost $8)
Login or signup to continue reading
They self evacuated as five Rural Fire Service crews were called to extinguish the blaze at 11.55pm.
Firefighters contained the fire to the garage, and worked for two and a half hours to ensure all embers were out.
“Full credit to the firefighters who were there from Basin View, Husky, Tomerong, Crossroads and St Georges Basin,” RFS Shoalhaven district officer Brad Collins said.
They were unable to save vehicles, which were destroyed in the fire, and there was extensive damage to the garage.
Firefighters suspect the fire may have started due to an electrical fault in the garage.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.