Confused about whether you need to register before you can vote on same sex marriage? You're not alone.

THERE are a lot of adjectives being thrown around in relation to the postal vote on same sex marriage.

Let’s park all the really creative adjectives about the $120 million cost to do this, and take a look at this one. Confusion.

To participate in the survey you need to be correctly enrolled by August 24. 

The questions about how we enrol are beginning to dominate conversations. 

According to a spokesperson from the AEC Australians are confused about enrolling to vote on this issue,

This explainer should go some way to clearing up some of that confusion.

Do I need to enrol if I voted in the last election and haven’t changed my address?

No. You are already enrolled. There is no specific enrollment for the same sex marriage survey.

I’m not convinced. Is there some way I can confirm if I am already enrolled?

Yes. You can check your current electoral enrolment by entering your details in the form here.

What if I’ve changed my address since I last voted?

Take a breath. It’s easy to update your details in just a few quick steps by clicking on here.


Discuss "Explainer: Same sex marriage postal vote, what do I do now?"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.