South Coast man faces child sex charges

A South Coast man previously convicted of raping a child has appeared in Nowra Local Court facing fresh charges over alleged offences against two more young girls dating back 20 years.

The now-35-year-old, who can’t be identified for legal reasons, is charged with nine offences, three of which relate to one girl and six to the other.

It is alleged the first girl was aged between seven and nine at the time, while the second alleged victim was between eight and 13. 

On one occasion the man allegedly snuck into the older girl’s bedroom, while she was trying to go to sleep and had sex with her. 

The girl told police she pretended to be asleep, hoping the assault wouldn’t take place.

During their investigation, police secretly recorded a conversation the man had with the older girl in which he allegedly apologised for his actions

He allegedly told the teen, “There’s not a day goes by that I don't regret my decisions.”

When the teen asked him why he had assaulted her, he allegedly said, “I was f...ing stupid I guess”.

“All I can say is I’m sorry. I’m deeply sorry, I know the hurt and pain I’ve caused.”

The man is alleged to have abused the older girl between 1997 and 2003 and the younger girl between 2006 and 2007.

The man attended Nowra Police Station on July 7 this year where he was arrested.

He did not apply for bail and it was formally refused during a brief court appearance on Monday on Monday where he faced two charges of  sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 10 and indecent assault of a victim under 10 years and three counts of both aggravated indecent assault and aggravated sexual assault of a victim under 16..

The case will return to court in August.