A 20-year-old male who suffered significant burns to his body after a flash fire at a South Nowra business has been airlifted to a Sydney Hospital.
Emergency services were called to the 02 Auto Sports motoring business in Norfolk Avenue in the Flinders Industrial Estate around 12.30pm.
The man suffered burns to the front of his body from what has been reported as a methanol flash fire.
He’s suffered significant burns to his face, chest, both hands and legs. The burns are both superficial and thickness burns.
The NSW Ambulance Toll Rescue Helicopter was called to Shoalhaven District Hospital, with the man assessed by the helicopter’s specialist doctor.
He was intubated to protect his airway and was airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital burns unit in a stable condition.