THE third annual National Op Shop Week is fast approaching.
Salvos Stores will partner with the National Association of Charitable Recycling Organisation (NACRO) from August 24 – 31 in hopes to increase sales.
Over the last 10 years Salvo Stores have seen a 75 per cent increase in sales and it isn’t hard to see why.
The Family Store in South Nowra store manager Ken Perkins said if you can’t see it on the floor ask if they have what you are after out the back.
“You will find lots of goodies in our store. There is something for everyone,” he said.
“It’s a great cause too because all proceeds from Salvos Stores go towards running vital programs which assist the less fortunate.”
To make your donations count:
• Items should be clean and undamaged.
• Clothing should also be reasonably wrinkle free.
• Items that come in pairs like shoes, socks, gloves and suits should be held together.
• Check and empty pockets before you donate.
• Donate direct to op shops during trading hours or place items in charity donation bins.
• For larger items, such as furniture, call the op shop to confirm they can take your item and arrange for pick-up or make arrangements to deliver.