DESCRIBED as a once in a lifetime event, the fleet of warships will moor between HMAS Creswell and Bowen Island on Tuesday, October 1 with Wednesday, October 2 the main day for viewing.
• There will be no access to HMAS Creswell from next week, however the fleet will be available to view from many shore locations including Hyams Beach, Point Perpendicular Lighthouse and surrounding areas.
• The warships can be closely viewed via various private boat tours and charter boats including Dolphin Watch Cruises, Jervis Bay Wild, Simos Afloat and Dive Jervis Bay until their departure to Sydney on Thursday, October 3. Bookings essential.
• The Lady Denman Museum will host a family day with food, music, market stalls and activities for children on Wednesday, October 2 from 10am to 2pm.
• The exhibition 100 years of Navy will be on display at the Lady Denman Museum during business hours and there will be half price entry on Wednesday, October 2. Guided tours are available.
• The Point Perpendicular Lighthouse has lit the historic globe in celebration of the IFR and can be viewed anytime from Friday, September 27 to Friday, October 4. Shuttle buses will transport people from Impact Road.
• A display of lighthouse technologies will be available to view at the bottom of the Point Perpendicular Lighthouse from Saturday, September 28 to Thursday, October 4 from 10am to 4pm.
• Twilight markets will keep everyone busy at White Sands Park, Huskisson on Wednesday, October 2 from 1pm to 7pm.
• To help celebrate the arrival of the fleet in Jervis Bay a fireworks display will be held at Voyager Park, Huskisson on Wednesday, October 2 from 7.30pm.
• Shuttle buses will be operating between Vincentia High School on Wool Road and Hyams Beach every 15 minutes from 8am to 6pm on Tuesday, October 1 and Wednesday, October 2.
Cyrus Street south of Booderee Avenue at Hyams Beach will be closed from 7am to 6pm on Tuesday, October 1 and Wednesday, October 2.
Owen Street between Sydney Street and Hawke Street as well as Currambene Street north of Bowen Street in Huskisson will also close from 6.30pm to 8.30pm on Wednesday.
For more information please contact the Shoalhaven Visitors Centre on 1300 662 808 or visit the Shoalhaven Holidays website shoalhavenholidays.com.au/events/ international-fleet-review-jervis-bay/